- Samsung has been one of the major contributors to the mobile industry's high growth.
- More than 200 million customers have chosen the Galaxy S devices.
- Our customers want beautiful design and performance, simple and powerful camera, faster and seamless connectivity, durability and a device to help them stay fit.
- Download booster software.
- Fitness tools combined with Gear Fit device.
- Ultra power saving mode.
- Modern and refreshing design.
- People inspired innovation.
- We will focus on what matters to consumers.
- Improving human life is at the heart of Samsung.
- New collection of settings icons.
- 5.1" full HD super amoled screen with local contrast enhancement or super dimming and adaptive display.
- Longer battery life with 2,800 mAh battery.
- Fast focus hybrid AF 16MP camera with HDR mode and selective focus.
- Full LTE coverage and Wi-Fi MIMO (802.11ac)
- Water and dust resistant.
- Finger scanner for security, private mode and payments. Encrypted and never shared.
- Improved Gear devices and ANT+ support.
- Heart rate sensor on the S5.
- Wireless charger and other accessories.
- To be released on April 11 in nearly 150 countries.
My overall impression : I have used the Note1, S3 and S4 and had good experiences. Samsung is in a good position as a major player, all they have to do is listen to the consumers. I asked my social streams "What do you want to see in the Samsung Galaxy S5?" and got the following responses. Several were addressed by the S5. For me I wished the S5 had OTA radio and TV.
- Them ditching the thin plastic design for something with more of a premium feeling - Zafir
- Fast updates - Randall
- Waterproof and drop ability, no cases pls - Arthur
- A fat battery that allows 5 to 6 hours of screen time and for them to ease off the skinning and keep it stock-ish - Warren
- Native android lol - Kern
- Less Samsung extraneous 'stuff' installed on the phone - Andre
- Better battery life, base on tech advance and features all I really want is better battery life - Anonymous
- Less junk, more pure android experience - Kevin
- Cheaper price. Lol - Warren
- Colours and thinner and a smite bigger too - Daman
- Fingerprint sensor, that seems to be great security if it works correctly. The usual points of smoother UI, longer battery life etc - Angel
- Better battery life - Stephen
- Maybe no Android at all? - Mark
- New material. I'm done with the cheap plastic look - Hugh
- An LCD3 screen. I hate AMOLED screens - John
Thanks for all the comments. Greatly appreciated. Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
Update (22 FEB 2014) : Samsung has announced their next version Gear devices ahead of Mobile World Congress 2014. It's the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo running Tizen instead of Android.
Update (21 FEB 2014) : Samsung Unpacked 5 Trailer.
Update (20 FEB 2014) : Read today that the Galaxy S5 might be released on March 13th.
Update (19 FEB 2014) : Today the Samsung Exynos twitter account teased us with an image. Is this the 64-bit SoC and is it destined for the Galaxy S5. That would be major cool if so.
Update (11 FEB 2014) : New teaser image hints at redesign TouchWiz UI.
Update (23 FEB 2014) : Summarising some of the rumoured specs of the S5 I have read. What others have you read about?
- Retina scanner
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3GB RAM
- 2K display
- 20 MP ISOCELL camera
- Android 4.4 Kit Kat
- Revamped Touchwiz
- Metal body
- Rapid charging batteries
- 64-bit processor
- Stereo speakers
- 128GB version
- No physical home/back/menu buttons
- 3000 mAh battery
- Cheaper price
- Water and dust proof
- Dedicated camera button
Samsung has sent out invitations for their event as part of MWC 2014. Maybe we will see the Galaxy S5 at the February 24 event. I will be tuning in to the live stream and live blogs and updating this blog post. Then we'll have to see when the device becomes available in Trinidad.