I am doing some work with Joomla 2.5 and needed to install it on my Windows 7 laptop. This is my first time working with Joomla. I began at the following link and did the following.
- Download and install mySQL Community Server.
- During installation I created a user for joomla.
- Download and install Apache Web Server from one of the mirrors
- Specify localhost during the install
- Download and install PHP
- I used PHP 5.3 (5.3.26) - VC9 x86 Thread Safe - Installer
- During installation I got a message as follows
- Error trying access httpd.conf file. You will need to manually configure the web server.
- To do this I had to add the following to the the httpd.conf file and restart the web server
LoadModule php5_module "c:/Program Files (x86)/php/php5apache2_2.dll"
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "c:/Program Files (x86)/php"
- Download the Joomla installation files.
- Unzip and copy to a folder under Apache htdocs
- Follow the installation steps from my browser @ http://localhost/joomla
- For me directory listing was enabled and index.php was not set as a default
- This was changed by modifying the httpd.conf
# Remove Indexes from Options
<Directory "C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs">
# Add index.php
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
Instead of individually installing the diff components you could start with WAMPSERVER.